Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious fresh vegetable salad is found on dining tables throughout Turkey and served prior to the main course.
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
This was quite good made from winter produce. But I just know that this will be AMAZING with fresh summer produce out of our garden. It would be wonderful with any kind of meat and my husband wants to try it on top of a burger. Thanks Geema!
Best salad ever....
I tried this two ways. With and without bell pepper (i used red) we preferred it without which I would give five stars to. We like to mix this into our rice dishes. I use English cucumber, flat leaf parsley, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste, plus the rest of the ingredients. Maybe I will try it again with green pepper or we will have it without the bell pepper at all. Made for "I've saved all these recipes!" March Diabetic Tag.