Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
"This classic salad is a wonderful combination of textures and flavors. The saltiness of the cheese is balanced by the refreshing salad vegetables." From Around the World Cookbook. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006.
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- black olives, to garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Chop the lettuce into bite-size pieces. Seed the peppers, remove the cores and cut the flesh into thin strips. Chop the cucumber and slice or chop the tomatoes. Cut the onion in half, then slice thinly.
- Place all chopped salad ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle the feta over the top and lightly toss together.
- For the dressing, blend together the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Stir in the parsley and mint and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss lightly and serve garnished with a handful of black olives.
Perfect for a Na-me lunch made for ZWT6.
We enjoyed this salad very much. I skipped the bell peppers, added green onions and radishes. I really liked the mint in the dressing. I will make this again! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
A normal, good salad. I did not use the bell peppers out of dislike but followed the rest using unrefined olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice and sea salt. Made for ZWT6 NA*ME regions, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood!