Recipe by arira
This is more a dip than a salad. goes well with pita or turkish bread. You can have it as hot as you like, just adjust the amount of chilli powder that goes into it.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 green bell peppers or 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150 g tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (or more if you like hot)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons chopped dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions and garlic in olive oil, till soft.
- Add chopped bell peppers and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except dill, and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring from time to time to prevent sticking.
- When ready, take off stove and mix in the chopped dill.
- Serve cold as a dip.