Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is more a dip than a salad. goes well with pita or turkish bread. You can have it as hot as you like, just adjust the amount of chilli powder that goes into it.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 green bell peppers or 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150 g tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (or more if you like hot)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons chopped dill
- Fry onions and garlic in olive oil, till soft.
- Add chopped bell peppers and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except dill, and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring from time to time to prevent sticking.
- When ready, take off stove and mix in the chopped dill.
- Serve cold as a dip.
This wonderful! I have been searching for this recipe. I made it last week and will make it again soon! Thanks for sharing it!
Hi arira, this is a delicious recipe! I, too, halved the recipe and used green and orange peppers because that was all I had. I ate it warm with my dinner tonight and I'm sure it will be even better tomorrow for lunch after it has chilled and stewed in all that delicious garlic. Yum yum!
This is my sort of food, and something I could eat for days and days an never tire of. I made a half recipe, which was easy apart from mixing up the amount of parsley and adding the full amount. I finished this with the juice of half a lemon, otherwise followed the recipe exactly.