1/8 Photos of Turkish Red Lentil Soup
Another delectable entry for the Zaar World Tour from the enticing World Vegetarian Cookbook by Madhur Jaffrey. This is simple enough to prepare midweek and comforting as the first cold air of fall arrives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the red lentils in a colandar and rinse.
- 2Sift through to remove and debris or damaged beans.
- 3Place the washed and cleaned lentils into a medium pot with the stock, potatoes, onions and paprika.
- 4Bring the pot to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- 5Loosely place a lid on the pot leaving slightly ajar as to allow some evaporation.
- 6Cook for 40-40 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Place all but 1 cup of the soup into a blender or food processor and blend briefly.
- 9Return blended soup to the pot with the reserved cup of soup.
- 10Heat through.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Red Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 632.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: