1/2 Photos of Turkish Potatoes and Eggs (Patatesli Yumurta)
Happy Hippie's Note:
I found this recipe on a Turkish cooking website and it sounds so good and easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan, saute the onion with olive oil.
- 2Add the garlic and hash browns (don't defrost), salt and pepper.
- 3Cook for about 10 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- 4Pour the beaten eggs over the potatoes and lightly stir with a wooden spatula.
- 5When the eggs are cooked (don't over-cook) sprinkle parsley and crushed pepper on top. Serve immediately as breakfast or a light meal with Tomato Salad.
- 6* Instead of hash browns, you can use 2 medium sized potatoes. Peel and cut them in cubes and fry in sunflower oil. Then put them on a paper towel to soak up extra oil. Add the fried potatoes and the beaten eggs into the pan at the same time for this dish.
- 7Makes 1 serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Potatoes and Eggs (Patatesli Yumurta)
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 855.1
- Calories from Fat 510
- Total Fat 56.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 686.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 18.9 g