1/2 Photos of Turkish Poached Eggs With Yogurt and Spicy Sage Butter
A delightful breakfast/brunch recipe from Bon Appetit, May 1995
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir yogurt and garlic in small bowl to blend and then season to taste with salt.
- 2Divide the mixture equally among 4 plates, spreading to coat the the center of each plate.
- 3Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, then add the sage, paprika and red pepper and stir just until the butter sizzles; remove from heat and season with salt.
- 4Add the vinegar to large skillet of simmering water and return the mixture to a simmer.
- 5Crack the eggs into the simmering water and simmer until the eggs are softly cooked, about 3 minutes.
- 6Using a slotted spoon or pasta server/fork, remove the eggs from the water, drain briefly and place 2 eggs atop the yogurt on each plate.
- 7Rewarm the butter mixture, if necessary, and spoon over the eggs.
- 8Serve immediately with pita bread.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Poached Eggs With Yogurt and Spicy Sage Butter
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 410.4 mg
- Sodium 172.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves