1/3 Photos of Turkish Piyaz (Bean Salad)
From my one stop Turkish recipe site: turkingcookbook.com. I replaced half of the white cannellini beans with kidney beans for added color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cannellini beans
- 1 1/2 cups dark red kidney beans
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced (I used various colors of heirloom tomatoes including San Marzanos)
- 4 green onions, chopped (green and white parts-use purple scallions if you can find them)
- 1 small banana pepper, thinly sliced (also known as cubanelle)
- 1/4 medium red onion (diced or sliced)
- lettuce (to line the platter, optional, optional) (optional) or mixed greens (to line the platter) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- fresh crack black pepper, to taste
- 1Rinse and drain the beans.
- 2Toss the beans with the other salad ingredients and transfer to a serving platter. (If you wish, the serving platter can be lined with lettuce or mixed greens first.).
- 3Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour on top. Set salad aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- 4Before serving, garnish with eggs, black olives and parsley.
- 5Servings are estimated.
- 6Preparation time is estimated using canned beans.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Piyaz (Bean Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.8 mg
- Sodium 339.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 16.5 g