Recipe by COOKGIRl
From my one stop Turkish recipe site: turkingcookbook.com. I replaced half of the white cannellini beans with kidney beans for added color.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Loved it! It's a pretty and colorful salad, and it was super easy to make. It actually tasted even better after chilling for a few hours. I made this exactly as written and used all the garnishes listed. I think this is one of my new favorite bean salads. Thanx!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cannellini beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark red kidney beans
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced (I used various colors of heirloom tomatoes including San Marzanos)
- 4 green onions, chopped (green and white parts-use purple scallions if you can find them)
- 1 small banana pepper, thinly sliced (also known as cubanelle)
- 1⁄4 medium red onion (diced or sliced)
- lettuce (to line the platter, optional, optional) (optional) or mixed greens (to line the platter) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- fresh crack black pepper, to taste
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and each egg quartered
- black olives (I used Greek black olives)
- fresh parsley (NOT dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- Toss the beans with the other salad ingredients and transfer to a serving platter. (If you wish, the serving platter can be lined with lettuce or mixed greens first.).
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour on top. Set salad aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Before serving, garnish with eggs, black olives and parsley.
- Servings are estimated.
- Preparation time is estimated using canned beans.