Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Did you know that authentic Turkish rice pilaf is supposed to be a bit sticky? Well, it is. So, for a nice change of pace, give this one a try. Posted for ZWT 6.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 4 oz.)
- 1 large tomatoes, cubed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice or 1 cup uncooked whole grain rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the green pepper and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until blended. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated.
I used basmati rice, homemade chicken broth and added 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in with the other ingredients. Came out very well and we enjoyed it very much!