1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (pretty large size)
- 1 cup balkan yogurt (thick type)
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1/4 English cucumber
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef (I use extra lean and add a lot of good olive oil or it will be too dry)
- baharat mixed spice (Turkish Baharat Spice Mix or Baharat Aka Middle East Mixed Spices - the Real Mix)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint (May not be needed, see directions.)
- sea salt, to taste
- 170 g rice pasta (May use regular if not gluten free. I prefer macaroni or farfalle shape in this)
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1Bring a small amount of salted water to a boil, add garlic with skin on and cook for 7 minutes. Drain, slip from skins and crush with a fork.
- 2Stir yoghurt with crushed garlic, mint & freshly squeezed lemon juice until smooth, set in refrigerator.
- 3Grate English cucumber and set in a sieve, sprinkle with sea salt. Let drain 15 minutes.
- 4Squeeze out liquid from cucumber and mix with yogurt mixture. Add more sea salt and lemon to taste if needed.
- 5Bring salted water for pasta to a boil.
- 6Peel onions. Cut and chop in a food processor until a pulp.
- 7Heat olive oil over medium high, add onions and reduce heat cooking until transparent.
- 8Add 1 tbs butter, parsley and lean ground beef and cook until no more pink shows, stirring to break apart often.
- 9Add Baharat, If using Turkish skip the fresh mint or add fresh mint now. Add sea salt to taste. Cook until done.
- 10While frying the meat, cook pasta as per package directions. Drain and add lots of butter (2 tbs) & the sweet paprika. Mix.
- 11Add ground beef and mix with pasta or if preferred place pasta on serving dishes and spoon ground beef over top. Serve with Cakik (yogurt sauce) and a fresh salad.
- 12Enjoy :D.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Pasta With Ground Beef (Yogurtlu Kiymali Makarna) (Glute
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1002.3
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.2 mg
- Sodium 332.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 50.9 g