Recipe by anidifrancofan
This is one of Turkeys most served salads...it's delicious!
Top Review by GiveMeASecond!
I lived in Adana for 2 years and I missed the onion salad (and so many other foods) very much. I actually brought some Sumac back with me because it was in so many common Turkish salads. Thank you So very much for posting this. I ended up tweaking the recipe to my taste; 1/8th tea chili and a pinch of salt. Very nice recipe Many Thanks!
- 1 medium red onion, peeled halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground sumac or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 5 tablespoons finely chopped parsley