Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I learned to make this at a Turkish cooking class. Serve it with a variety of Middle Eastern dishes and feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste. What I've given is an absolute minimum, but when I make the meatballs I normally throw in extra cumin and sometimes chilli flakes. You can also make this with minced beef.
- Cook the bulgur by covering it with a cup of boiling water and letting it soak in a covered bowl for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and let cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the rest of the ingredients except the parsley in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the cooled bulgur and use your hands to thoroughly mix everything together.
- Roll them with your hands into balls around the same size as a golf ball and flatten them a little.
- Now you can either bake them in a hot oven for around 10 minutes or fry them in hot oil until they are browned all over.
- Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.