Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
deep fried patties of grated zucchini with dill eggs and flour, part of traditional turkish summer dinner table
- 4 medium zucchini (grated)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 7 -8 fresh onions
- 3 tablespoons dill weed
- 3 tablespoons fresh spearmint
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (powdered)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- squeeze the juice of grated zucchini.
- mince dill, onion, spearmint and parsley.
- mix with grated zucchini
- add eggs flour, salt, pepper and baking powder
- mix all to form a batter
- pour tablespoonful of batter into hot olive oil in the pan.
- Fry in hot oil for 3 minutes each side.
- serve hot with turkish yogurt with garlic.
Usually I try a recipe before rating it (and I will certainly be trying this one), but I have been looking for a similar recipe for a long while. Thank you so much for posting this, Ilker. My father lived in Turkey and my stepmother is Turkish. My family loves Turkish food and this is a dish that I have eaten there.