You can garnish as you desire with chopped tomatoes, olives, cucumbers or feta cheese. If your lemons are large, one will do.
- 2 cups lentils (rinsed)
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 -2 lemon (juiced-to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (minced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes (seeded and diced) (optional)
- 10 -15 black olives (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber (seeded & diced0 (optional)
- Cook lentils over medium heat simmer covered 20-30 minute Do not overcook, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat, add onion and cook until translucent, add garlic & cumin, cook another minute.
- Place lentils in a large bowl, add onions, cumin & stir in lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish with tomatoes, olives, cheese or cucumbers.