1/3 Photos of Turkish Lentil Salad (Adas Salatasi)
You can garnish as you desire with chopped tomatoes, olives, cucumbers or feta cheese. If your lemons are large, one will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups lentils (rinsed)
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 -2 lemon (juiced-to taste)
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes (seeded and diced) (optional)
- 10 -15 black olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup cucumber (seeded & diced0 (optional)
- 1Cook lentils over medium heat simmer covered 20-30 minute Do not overcook, drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat, add onion and cook until translucent, add garlic & cumin, cook another minute.
- 3Place lentils in a large bowl, add onions, cumin & stir in lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 4Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- 5Garnish with tomatoes, olives, cheese or cucumbers.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Lentil Salad (Adas Salatasi)
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.9
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g