Recipe by BakinBaby
You can garnish as you desire with chopped tomatoes, olives, cucumbers or feta cheese. If your lemons are large, one will do.
Top Review by Annacia
This made a grand summer lunch. I cooked the lentils in the morning and than finished it up later. The flavors are marvelous while a little goes a long way in the tummy you just don't want to stop, I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing LOL. Also it makes a lot, I made a single serving and there is half of it left to chill until tomorrow.
- 2 cups lentils (rinsed)
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 -2 lemon (juiced-to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (minced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes (seeded and diced) (optional)
- 10 -15 black olives (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber (seeded & diced0 (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lentils over medium heat simmer covered 20-30 minute Do not overcook, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat, add onion and cook until translucent, add garlic & cumin, cook another minute.
- Place lentils in a large bowl, add onions, cumin & stir in lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish with tomatoes, olives, cheese or cucumbers.