Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT 6.
Make and share this Turkish Lamb Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs boneless lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 -2 carrot, sliced (1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup canned beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice or 1 cup uncooked whole grain rice
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, saute the lam over medium-high heat until brown. Add the onions, carrot, garlic, tomatoes, broth, cinnamon, alt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 40-50 minutes. Add the green beans and rice and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender.