1 hr 8 mins
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 2 kebabs. Per serving: 441 calories, 11.3 g fat, 35 g protein, 53.4 g carb, 10.1 g fiber, 101 mg cholesterol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim all visible fat from lamb; cut lamb into 48 (1-inch pieces; set aside.
- 2Combine the mint and the next 8 ingredients in a large zip-lock heavy-duty plastic bag; shake around to combine.
- 3Add in lamb; seal bag; shake to coat and marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
- 4Remove lamb from bag and discard marinade.
- 5In a large bowl, combine the boiling water and figs; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until soft.
- 6Drain figs well; cut in half.
- 7Cut each onion into 6 wedges; cut each wedge in half crosswise (should have 24 pieces).
- 8Thread 4 lamb pieces, 2 figs, and 2 onions alternately onto each of 12 (10-inch) skewers.
- 9Place kebabs on a grill rack (over direct heat)or broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 10Grill or broil 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Lamb, Fig, and Mint Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.1
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 285.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 28.8 g