Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 mins
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 2 kebabs. Per serving: 441 calories, 11.3 g fat, 35 g protein, 53.4 g carb, 10.1 g fiber, 101 mg cholesterol.
- 2 lbs lean boneless leg of lamb
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint (or 1 tablespoon dried mint)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup boiling water
- 24 dried figs
- 2 red onions
- Trim all visible fat from lamb; cut lamb into 48 (1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Combine the mint and the next 8 ingredients in a large zip-lock heavy-duty plastic bag; shake around to combine.
- Add in lamb; seal bag; shake to coat and marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
- Remove lamb from bag and discard marinade.
- In a large bowl, combine the boiling water and figs; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until soft.
- Drain figs well; cut in half.
- Cut each onion into 6 wedges; cut each wedge in half crosswise (should have 24 pieces).
- Thread 4 lamb pieces, 2 figs, and 2 onions alternately onto each of 12 (10-inch) skewers.
- Place kebabs on a grill rack (over direct heat)or broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Grill or broil 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.