Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Absolutely wonderful lamb chops. I think they're especially nice served with Turkish Pilaf with Tomato. Cook time includes 1 hour marinating time. Recipe from Rozanne Gold, a favorite cookbook author.
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 6 lamb loin chops, 1 inch thick
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedge, as garnish
- Sprinkle the onion with the salt; squeeze the juice out of the onion and discard it; add the oil and thyme to the onion; apply the mixture to both sides of the chops and marinate for 1 hour.
- Grill chops or broil close to heat source; season with salt and lots of pepper; garnish with lemon wedges.
Very good lamb chops!! We were a little afraid they might be overpowered by the onion, but they turned out great, very tasty with the thyme, we will make them again, thanks for sharing.