Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple Turkish style rub to prepare chicken for the BBQ.
Make and share this Turkish Grilled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Spatchcock the chicken (cut out the backbone and depress chest to flatten).
- You may want to check the internet for the exact procedure.
- Rub spice mixture all over the chicken.
- Smear chicken with the olive oil.
- Grill on medium heat for 20 min per side.
I made a paste with olive oil and the spices, brushed them on pounded skinless thighs and let sit overnight in the refrigerator. A very small amount of the sweet paprika was replaced with 1/8 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika. Heated up a large Lodge cast iron grill pan and cooked the chicken thighs about six minutes each side. Served with Pomegranate Raita, my posted Pilaf With Tomato Turkish-Style (Domatesli Pilav), stir fried brussels sprouts with feta and lemon/zest and this for dessert; Strawberries Stuffed With Cranberry Mascarpone. A tasty yet simple Father's Day meal. Thank you for posting. Very good!