Recipe by Dug
A simple Turkish style rub to prepare chicken for the BBQ.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I made a paste with olive oil and the spices, brushed them on pounded skinless thighs and let sit overnight in the refrigerator. A very small amount of the sweet paprika was replaced with 1/8 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika. Heated up a large Lodge cast iron grill pan and cooked the chicken thighs about six minutes each side. Served with Recipe #443953, my posted Recipe #427221, stir fried brussels sprouts with feta and lemon/zest and this for dessert; Recipe #88951. A tasty yet simple Father's Day meal. Thank you for posting. Very good!
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 lbs chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Spatchcock the chicken (cut out the backbone and depress chest to flatten).
- You may want to check the internet for the exact procedure.
- Rub spice mixture all over the chicken.
- Smear chicken with the olive oil.
- Grill on medium heat for 20 min per side.