Recipe by Nif
I have never had Turkish food (that I know of) and this sounds simple but really good. The original recipe stated that you can use crusty bread or "berber bread". I googled berber bread and came up with nothing! This recipe is from a Canadian cheese magazine. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I am familiar with berber bread, but used a crusty & nutty whole grain bread for this sandwich & absolutely loved the combo of cheese & the Medjool dates that I used! Definitely a new twist on the ol' grilled cheese, & a delightful one, too! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 7 ounces medium cheddar, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, ground
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 4 slices of bread and evenly distribute cheddar, dates and fennel on those 4 pieces and top with the other 4. Butter both sides of the sandwich.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and cook sandwiches for about 4 minutes on each side or until bread is browned and cheese is melted.