1/1 Photo of Turkish Green Beans
The Zaar World Tour has me searching high and low for new recipes from all corners of the globe. This is an untried recipe by the simplicity and unusual inclusion of yogurt as a sauce for the beans appeals to me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 sprigs marjoram
- 8 ounces shelled broad beans (frozen should work) or 8 ounces lima beans (frozen should work) or 8 ounces fava beans (frozen should work)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1Clean and trim green beans to 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2Heat the oil and butter in a pan, add the onions and cook until lightly browned. Add the parsley, marjoram and broad beans. Sprinkle with salt and cook gently for 5 minutes, turning frequently.
- 3Add water and green beans, reduce the heat and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, stir the crushed garlic into the yogurt.
- 5When the beans are cooked, stir in the yoghurt and cook for a minute.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 305.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: