Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the The Cookie Tin website.
Make and share this Turkish Eyes Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Cream butter.
- Add the sugar and cream until smooth.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Stir in flour.
- Knead until smooth.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of wax paper until 1/4" in thickness.
- Carefully remove the top sheet of wax paper.
- Cut out equal number of 3" circles and 1" circles.
- Place on cookie sheets about 1" apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Spread the jam on the 3" circles, leaving a 1/4"-1/2" border all around.
- Dust the 1" circles with powdered sugar and place in the center of the jam-lined cookies.
- Let cookies set.
Incredible cookie littlemafia. Just wonderful, rich, crisp, tender and full of flavor. Love the addition of the jam and powdered sugar. I used mango jam and rich homemade vanilla, what a treat in this delicious cookie. Thank you for sharing this treat, that I have put in my keeper box. :)