Recipe by Tonkcats
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A really tasty dish, which requires very little active preparation time, and is therefore much less time-consuming than the instructions suggest. We thoroughly enjoyed this on a very hot day, together with several other salads. To enhance the visual appearance of the dish, I used ½ a red pepper, ½ an orange pepper and ½ a green pepper. I doubled the garlic, and served the eggplant salad on baby spinach leaves with slices of tomato and cucumber with several grindings of black pepper, and a handful of kalamata olives. Thank you for sharing this scrumptious recipe, which will be a regular dish during summer.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) eggplants
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- With a fork, pierce skin of eggplant. Bake eggplant in a rimmed pan in a 400 degrees oven for 1 hour or until very soft; cool.
- Split in half and scoop out pulp into a bowl. Mash pulp with a fork.
- Mix in oil, lemon juice, garlic, green pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- To serve: Arrange romaine lettuce leaves on platter. Mound eggplant in center. Garnish with tomato wedges and fresh parsley.