This is an adaptation of a recipe on wikipedia! I am posting this to see the nutritional content of this candy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pistachios (optional) or 1/2 cup almonds (optional)
- confectioners' sugar or granulated sugar or desiccated coconut, for dusting
options in place of vanilla extract
- 1Combine sugar, 1 c water, cream of tartar, and flavoring(s) in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch with remaining water, mix completely, and slowly stir into sugar mixture.
- 3Boil over medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes, until the mixture reaches "Firm-ball stage," or 245ºF (120ºC) on a candy thermometer.
- 4Apply non-stick cooking spray to a form (ice cube trays will do nicely), shallow pie pan, or jelly-roll pan.
- 5Pour the hot mixture into the pan or form and allow to set.
- 6When cool, release from form or cut into cubes as applicable and roll each piece in powdered sugar, granulated sugar, or coconut.
- 7Store at room temperature in airtight container.
- 8*with the exception of the sugar, cornstarch, water, cream of tartar, and cooking technique, this recipe may be altered according to taste and/or occasion.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Delight - Low(Er) Sugar Version
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: