Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
From theGutsyGourmet.net. Beautifully colored, scented and flavored candy for a special occasion.
Top Review by Heather V.
I really love the scent and the flavor of this candy. I've never experimented with rose water before, and I ready to use it in several more recipes! The turnout was beautiful and delicious. I added pistachios to the mix in the beginning. That worked well. Thanks for posting this.
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water (add some rose water to make up cup)
- 1 tablespoon lemons or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemons or 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- food coloring
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix gelatin, sugar and salt in a heavy pot.
- Add water.
- Bring to slow boil and simmer without stirring for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in juice and rind.
- Add a few drops of food coloring.
- Taste for flavor; may add more juice.
- Pour into 8 inch square pan which has been rinsed in cold water but not dried.
- Chill overnight.
- Cut into squares and roll each in powdered sugar.