Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My fiancee loves Turkish delight and rose flavoured desserts. I found this recipe online from Julie LeClerc (love her cookbooks!)
- 125 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 pieces traditional rose-flavoured Turkish Delight
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease and flour a 12-hole standard muffin pan (or 36 mini) or line with individual paper cases.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale. Beat in eggs, rose water and sour cream.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared tins and poke a piece of Turkish delight into each (cut Turkish delight to fit mini size).
- Bake for 25 minutes or 15 minutes for mini size or until a skewer inserted into the cake part (not the Turkish delight part) comes out clean. Makes 12 (or 36 mini) cup cakes.
You have no idea how much I love Turkish Delight, and when I saw this recipe, I just had to try it. This was so moist, it was really good. I couldn't find rose flavoured Turkish Delight, so I used a regular kind, which I found good because the rose water added it's own special flavour.