Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe for sweet biscotti with lots of apricots and nuts. Named for the soft and sweet Greek confection that often has nuts too. But this biscotti is crisp rather than soft like real Turkish Delight.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup almond paste
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pistachios, shelled, raw
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, sliced, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup apricot, dried, diced
- Beat together butter, sugar and almond paste until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Fold in nuts and fruit.
- Divide dough in half and shape each into a log about 3 inches wide and 3/4 inches high.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 350F oven.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then slice diagonally into slices.
- Put slices back into the oven at 275F and toast each side for 10 minutes.
I make several varities of biscotti, but this is my favorite. People who dont even particularly like bicotti try it and rave about it. It is very unique and so, so delicious!! I am making it for food gifts this Christmas and I know no one will be disappointed
Since I do enjoy making & devouring biscotti, this recipe was a real 'delight' to make, & we thoroughly appreciated the flavor combo of these nuts & the apricot! Thanks, Annacia, for a great recipe keeper! [Made & reviewed for the PRMR Holiday Special player who had the most recipes chosen by others!]