Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I got this recipe when I was in school and we were making Turkish Delight in Home Ec.
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon rose water (or lemon juice)
- 2 cups pistachios (Or other nuts if you like) (optional)
- powdered sugar
- flavoring (lemon, orange, strawberry)
- food coloring
- Butter a large shallow pan.
- Mix the cornstarch with cold water and et it aside.
- Bring the hot water, suar and orange juice to a boil in medium sized saucepan.
- Add the cornstarch and water mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the mixture goes thick.
- Stir often.
- Remove from heat.
- Add rosewater/lemon juice and flavouring (Whatever you choose).
- Stir in nuts (optional).
- Pour into buttered pan.
- When cooled and thickened, (be patient, it may take ovre a day) cut into 1 inch cubes with a knife dipped in hot water.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
This had some interesting flavor, not orange but odd....any way this did not set up even after I let it set up longer than recommended. I will try again because DH really wants Turkish Delight and if I have better results I will post them