Recipe by s3xu4l-h34ling
I got this recipe when I was in school and we were making Turkish Delight in Home Ec.
Top Review by Lady Morrgian
This had some interesting flavor, not orange but odd....any way this did not set up even after I let it set up longer than recommended. I will try again because DH really wants Turkish Delight and if I have better results I will post them
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon rose water (or lemon juice)
- 2 cups pistachios (Or other nuts if you like) (optional)
- powdered sugar
- flavoring (lemon, orange, strawberry)
- food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a large shallow pan.
- Mix the cornstarch with cold water and et it aside.
- Bring the hot water, suar and orange juice to a boil in medium sized saucepan.
- Add the cornstarch and water mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the mixture goes thick.
- Stir often.
- Remove from heat.
- Add rosewater/lemon juice and flavouring (Whatever you choose).
- Stir in nuts (optional).
- Pour into buttered pan.
- When cooled and thickened, (be patient, it may take ovre a day) cut into 1 inch cubes with a knife dipped in hot water.
- Roll in powdered sugar.