Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 440 g sugar (2 cup)
- 250 ml water (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons gelatin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- food coloring (as desired)
- icing sugar (for coating)
- Stir the sugar, water and gelatine in a saucepan over low heat until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil without stirring for 20 minutes.
- Add the citric acid, rose water and food colouring.
- Pour into a lightly greased tin.
- Allow to cool and set.
- Cut into squares.
- Roll in icing sugar.
- Serve and relish the delight!
Change step 3 from "Boil for 20 minutes" to "Turn down heat to simmer for 20 minutes" and this is a good recipe. Seems like a lost in translation thing happened here
Oh dear, Charisma - this was a total failure.I followed your directions exactly - used the exact measurements stated, but I'm sorry to say that I ended up with a horrible black, sticky goo.I think that something is definitely wrong with your instructions and I'm sure that anyone else that follows this recipe would have the same result as me - I wonder if you have made this yourself? I've never given such a low rating before and feel pretty mean about it..but what can I do??
this repice just mucked up my Ã‚Â£15,000 kitchen. It burnt 8 pans. I swear my daughter nearly got food poisoning. DO NOT TRY IT. IT RUINS YOU.