Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for a request, I have not made this candy myself.
Make and share this Turkish Delight recipe from Food.com.
- Put the gelatine and 2 cups sugar in a large saucepan.
- Add the water and the salt.
- Heat and stir until sugar and gelatine are dissolved.
- Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the frozen orange juice concentrate.
- Chill, sitrring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the finely chopped nuts.
- Rinse an 8-inch square pan with cold water.
- Turn mixture into the pan and chill until firm.
- Unmold on a board dusted with powdered sugar.
- Cut candy into squares and roll it in additional powdered sugar.
- Store candy in refrigerator in airtight container.
Tasty, but extremely tough/chewy after final chilling to the point of being difficult to cut with a knife. Perhaps only 7 envelopes of gelatin would be better? I used Knox brand gelatin; maybe the original recipe maker used a different brand with smaller envelopes?