5 hrs 20 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
A bit of cardamom gives this dessert its exotic flavor. The pudding needs to chill about five hours before serving, so be sure to plan ahead. From: Bon Appétit,Every-Night Cooking, February 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1 3/4 cups cream, 2 tablespoons Kahlúa, 2 tablespoons espresso powder, and 1 scant teaspoon cardamom in heavy small saucepan; bring to simmer.
- 2Whisk yolks and brown sugar in medium bowl.
- 3Gradually whisk hot cream mixture into yolk mixture; return to pan.
- 4Stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat back of spoon (do not boil), about 5 minutes.
- 5Strain through fine-mesh strainer into 2-cup measuring cup.
- 6Divide pudding among 6 demitasse cups.
- 7Refrigerate until set, about 5 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.).
- 8Whisk remaining 1/2 cup cream in medium bowl until peaks form.
- 9Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon Kahlúa.
- 10Top each pudding with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional espresso powder and additional cardamom.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Coffee Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.6
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 262.1 mg
- Sodium 45.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g