Recipe by MommyMakes
This is excellent to serve guests after a meal, be sure to make it very sweet for first-timers! Traditional turkish coffee cups are espresso sized cups that hold about 3-4 oz. If you want to make more than 4 servings use 1 tsp coffee per serving and 1 turkish coffee cup full of water (3-4 oz.) per serving. Also, don't drink the sediment at the bottom of the cup!
- 4 teaspoons turkish coffee (extremely fine ground coffee)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar (medium sweet)
- sugar (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In an open kettle about the size of a large mug, boil water and sugar, add up to 2 tsp for very sweet coffee.
- Lower the flame and add the coffee.
- Bring the mixture just to a boil the coffee but don't allow to spill over.
- Pour some froth into each coffee cup.
- Bring the mixture just to a boil again and pour evenly into turkish coffee cups.