Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious chicken dish with a creamy walnut sauce. Serves best as an appetizer n goes well with corn bread (or rice/bulgur pilaf)!
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens (you can also use boneless chicken breast instead)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 4 cloves
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 cups walnuts
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- seasoning (salt& pepper)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Put the chicken, vegetables, bayleaf, thyme and salt in a pot, add the water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove and strain the chicken. Let it cool.
- Keep the stock and one of the onions.
- Shred the chicken into 2" strips.
- In a pot, simmer the stock down to 2 cups.
- In a blender, grind the walnuts till they are finely chopped.
- Remove the crusts of the bread. Soak them first and then squeeze them dry.
- Add the bread, onion, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, salt& pepper into the blender and mix together.
- Slowly add in the stock and puree until smooth. (if it's too thick add a little milk).
- Mix shredded chicken and hald of the walnut sauce and put in serving dish.
- Spread the rest of the sauce over it.
- Heat olive oil and paprika over medium heat until the oil turns into red. Drizzle it over chicken.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley.
Wonderful, flavorful recipe. Some others are too dry, but this one is perfect.