Recipe by MissLinguist
I learned this refreshing salad in a Turkish cooking class. Preparation time does not include optional marinating time, but marinating is recommended for full flavor.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Easy and delicious. I allowed this to chill for about 5 hours and the flavors developed nicely. I made this exactly as written, just added a clove of minced garlic. I think cilantro would work well in place of parsley. I may try that next time. Thanx!
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked (2-16 oz. cans)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 green onions, chopped small
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Mix chickpeas, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt in a shallow baking dish (shallow so that the liquid can soak more of the chickpeas). Set in refrigerator to marinate for 4 hours or overnight. (If not marinating, mix in a bowl.).
- After marinating, stir chickpeas with all other ingredients (except for feta) in a bowl.
- Just before serving, sprinkle crumbled feta over the salad.