Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Eating Well April/May 2005. I have used boneless skinless thighs, and it worked very well. I also suggest using fresh mint!
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger (minced)
- 9.85 ml hot paprika
- 7.39 ml dried mint
- 2.46 ml salt
- In a large bowl, toss lemon juice and chicken pieces.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together yogurt, garlic, ginger, paprika, mint, and salt. Pour over chicken, stir to coat, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 - 24 hours.
- Position oven rack to upper 1/3 and preheat broiler. Discard excess marinade. Broil chicken for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 400 degrees F and bake for 15 additional minutes.
Well this was a pleasant surprise. I loved the flavorful crust that formed on the chicken, and the mint did not taste strange like I thought it would. I'd like to try this with chicken breasts instead of thighs in the future. Thanks for sharing.
Only had 3 hours to marinate and used chicken breasts with slits cut in them, but still sooo good and moist! (Added 4 cloves of garlic though) It tasted like it was cooked on the grill due to the charring from the broiler.
This is a very good recipe I used greek yogurt and fresh mint, only change, I used 4 cloves of garlic