Recipe by Carianne
From Eating Well April/May 2005. I have used boneless skinless thighs, and it worked very well. I also suggest using fresh mint!
Top Review by rpgaymer
Well this was a pleasant surprise. I loved the flavorful crust that formed on the chicken, and the mint did not taste strange like I thought it would. I'd like to try this with chicken breasts instead of thighs in the future. Thanks for sharing.
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss lemon juice and chicken pieces.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together yogurt, garlic, ginger, paprika, mint, and salt. Pour over chicken, stir to coat, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 - 24 hours.
- Position oven rack to upper 1/3 and preheat broiler. Discard excess marinade. Broil chicken for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 400 degrees F and bake for 15 additional minutes.