1/3 Photos of Turkish Chicken Kebabs With Aleppo Pepper
This is a dish from Maa Dagdevien, the "go to guy" for Turksih barbeque. The aleppo pepper can be substitued with 2 tsp. dried red pepper and 2 tsp. paprika. Note: If using red pepper; place red peppers & paprika, in a small bowl,combine with 2 T. warm water and let stand 5 minutes mix into a paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons aleppo pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or regular american yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 lemons (1-thinly sliced & 1 cut in wedges)
- 2 1/4 lbs chicken thighs (bonless, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1MixAleppo peppers with 1 T. warm wter, let stand about 5 min, mix into a paste.
- 2Combine yogurt,olive oil, red wine vinegar,tomato paste, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoons black pepper in a bowl, stir in Aleppo paste, then sitr in garlic and lemon slices; reserve about 1/3 cup of marinade to glaze kabobs with during grill time, then stir in chicken; cover and chill at least 15-30 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade.
- 4Place chicken on skewers and grill,baste with reserved marinade, grill until golden brown and cooked through, Turn skewers occasionally 10-12 minute total.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Chicken Kebabs With Aleppo Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.9
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 754.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: