Recipe by - Carla -
We actually had this during our last trip to Turkey. This recipe is incredibly simple and easy to prepare - exactly as it is intended to be. Olives may be used as a garnish, if desired.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cabbage in half and discard the outer tough leaves and the inner core.
- Cut each half into quarters and wash under cold water.
- Place each quarter on its side and slice very thin slices with a sharp knife.
- Place cabbage and carrots in a bowl and dress it with salt, pepper, oil and vinegar or lemon to taste.
- Toss well with enough dressing to suit your taste and serve.