Prep 17 mins
Cook 30 mins
For Zaar Tour 6. Vegetarian. Looks great; something different.
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 white pearl onions, cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pepper, diced, cubanelle
- 1 tomatoes, peeled, diced
- 10 mixed mushrooms, cut in half
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring brussel sprouts up to the boil; cook 3 minutes; drain.
- Saute onion in oil; add garlic.
- Add crushed tomatoes, paprika, cubanelle pepper, diced tomato, mushrooms, water, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes on medium heat.
- You can add more water if needed.
Very tasty. I thought we wouldn`t like this as much as we did. I had to leave out the mushrooms as I didn`t have them on hand. I used extra virgin olive oil, sweet onion cut in large chunks, a good canned tomato, sweet paprika, green bell pepper, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, plus the rest of the ingredients. Served with rice and yogurt for a yummy vegetarian lunch. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.