1/5 Photos of Turkish Braised Lamb (Tas Kebap)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 kg bonless stewing lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pepper (red, orange, yellow, or green) (optional)
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes, pureed or 3/4 cup chopped pealed tomato
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baharat, spice mix Baharat Spice Blend or 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1Trim and cut meat into 2 cm (3/4 inch) cubes.
- 2Heat 1/2 the olive oil in a heavy pan and brown meat quickly on each side.
- 3Transfer to a plate.
- 4Add remaining olive oil, onion, garlic and sweet pepper.
- 5Fry gently until onion is transparent.
- 6Add tomato and water.
- 7Stir well, and add bahrat or allspice, salt and pepper to taste and most of the parsley.
- 8Return lamb to pan, cover and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is tender and sauce is thickened.
- 9Very good on a bed of Turkish Wedding Pilaf (Dugun Pilav).
- 10Sprinkle hot meat with reserved chopped parsly before serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Braised Lamb (Tas Kebap)
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.0
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 170.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: