POSTED FOR RAMADAN TAG. From http://www.turkishcookbook.com/ NOTE: I just realized almond extract contains alcohol unless there are alcohol free ones around. I would like to know.
- Bring the sugar and water to boil in a medium cooking pot. Turn the heat down to very medium-low.
- Add the apricots and almond extract. Cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and let it cool.
- Then chill in the fridge.
- Add almond slices.
- Serve in individual bowls with Pilaf on the side on hot Summer days.