Recipe by Mercy
Also little treasure are also called Kaymakli Kayisi. The cooking time includes 2 hours for soaking the apricots and 1 hour for cooling the glazed apricots.
- 1 lb dried apricot halves
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the apricots in warm water for about 2 hours to soften and then drain the water and pat the apricots dry.
- Combine the sugar, 1 cup of water and the lemon half in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Boil until syrupy and the temperature reaches 225 to 230°F on a candy thermometer.
- Add the apricots and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely in a single layer.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Fold 1 cup slivered almonds into cream.
- Arrange half of the apricot halves in single layer, inner side up.
- Dollop cream mixture onto the apricot halves and then cover with the other half of the apricots, like a sandwich.
- Sprinkle the tops with the 2 tablespoons of almonds and pistachios.