Chef #1205208's Note:
Quick Turkey "Chili" with Pumpkin & Chilis in Adobo Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, diced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from the can)
- 1 cup fresh parsley or 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 lime wedges
- 4 cups brown rice or 4 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1Saute the onion with the olive oil, salt, pepper & oregano in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Once the onions are soft & translucent, add the ground turkey & saute until cooked through (no more pink).
- 2Add chili powder, cumin, pumpkin, beans, chicken stock, chilis in adobo sauce & adobo sauce - stir well to combine.
- 3Let come to a boil then lower heat to simmer for about 15 minutes until sauce is reduced by about one-third & has thickened.
- 4Add 1/2 of the fresh herbs & stir into mixture.
- 5Serve 1 cup of mixture with 1/2 cup of rice. Garnish each serving with reserved fresh herbs, about 1/2 t. of honey drizzled over the top & a squeeze of the lime wedge.
- 6Should have leftover "chili" for meal the next day!
Nutritional Facts for Turkinadobo "chili"
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1271.9
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 179.3 mg
- Sodium 408.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 186.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 66.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium chicken stock
chipotle chiles in adobo