Recipe by Dancer^
Turkey wraps are a good alternative for either lunch or dinner once summer arrives. They're light and refreshing, and both quick and easy to make.
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, each cut in half
- 8 ounces thinly sliced turkey
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 cups thinly sliced seeded and peeled cucumbers
- 1 ripe mangoes, peeled,pitted,chopped (about 1 cup) or 1 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, peeled,pitted and cut into 8 thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat curry powder, stirring constantly, in a small skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer curry powder to small bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill, covered, until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, place one-half tortilla on a work surface.
- Spread with about 1 tablespoon curried mayonnaise.
- Place one-fourth of the turkey in the center.
- Top with 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup cucumber and 2 tablespoons mango or chutney.
- Top with an avocado slice.
- Roll up like a burrito.
- Repeat process for remaining wraps.
- Serve or make up to 4 hours ahead and refrigerate wrapped tightly with plastic wrap.
- Bring back to room temperature before serving.