Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Turkey wraps are a good alternative for either lunch or dinner once summer arrives. They're light and refreshing, and both quick and easy to make.
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, each cut in half
- 8 ounces thinly sliced turkey
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 cups thinly sliced seeded and peeled cucumbers
- 1 ripe mangoes, peeled,pitted,chopped (about 1 cup) or 1 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, peeled,pitted and cut into 8 thin slices
- Heat curry powder, stirring constantly, in a small skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer curry powder to small bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill, covered, until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, place one-half tortilla on a work surface.
- Spread with about 1 tablespoon curried mayonnaise.
- Place one-fourth of the turkey in the center.
- Top with 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup cucumber and 2 tablespoons mango or chutney.
- Top with an avocado slice.
- Roll up like a burrito.
- Repeat process for remaining wraps.
- Serve or make up to 4 hours ahead and refrigerate wrapped tightly with plastic wrap.
- Bring back to room temperature before serving.
Maybe I'm not use to the taste of curry, but this seemed like too much to me. The curry completely overwhelmed any other possible flavors in the wrap.