Recipe by Redsie
From Ladies Home Journal.
Top Review by Annacia
This is marvelous. To be honest I think it would be every bit as good without the meat and the bean spread is the true highlight here. To lower fat as much as possible I used some of the liquid from the beans to replace the oil and fat free mozzarella cheese in place of the parm. Very tasty, fresh and easy. Really top notch!
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained (such as navy or cannellini)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 (10 -12 inch) flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced roast turkey breast
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 cup arugula or 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bean, oil, juice, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a the bowl of a food processor. Purée until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides, for bean spread. (Can be made ahead. Cover and chill up to 2 days.)
- Spread bean spread on one side of each tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border around edge. Arrange turkey down center of each tortilla; layer with tomato, onion, cheese and arugula. Starting at one end, tightly roll each tortilla and place, seam side down, on a serving plate. Cut crosswise in half and serve with chips, if desired.