Recipe by Southern Lady
Turkey (or chicken) mushrooms, roasted red pepper, and sherry sour cream sauce over wide egg noodles. Recipe from a magazine years ago, wish I could give credit to origin.
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry sherry (your preference on strength)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces cooked turkey (cubed, sliced in strips, or shredded)
- 0.5 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (I add just a little more, our preference)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles as directed and keep warm.
- Meanwhile in large skillet over med heat, in hot butter/margarine, cook onions. When they begin to soften, add mushrooms and cook both until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl stir in flour and 1-1/4 cups water and add to veggie mixture in skillet, adding sherry, salt, and paprika and cook over high heat until boiling.
- Add turkey and roasted red peppers reducing heat to low, cover skillet and simmer 10 mins., stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream and heat through, don't boil or cream may curdle.
- Serve turkey on top of noodles, garnish with parsley.