Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I came across this recipe in a cookbook I bought at a second hand store.
- 1 fresh boneless turkey breast (3-4 pounds)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries or 1⁄3 cup cranberries
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup peaches or 1⁄4 cup apricots or 1⁄4 cup plum preserves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Remove and discard skin from breast.
- Cut slices three fourths of the way through at 1 inch intervals.
- Stir together rice, pecans, cherries and poultry seasoning in large bowl.
- Stuff rice between slices. If needed, skewer turkey lengthwise to hold together.
- Place turkey in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW 5-6 hours until turkey registers 170F on meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast, not touching stuffing.
- Stir together preserves and worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon over turkey.
- Cover; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard skewer, if used.