Recipe by Nicole Brummett
Another really good slow cooked recipe. This is a really nice change for those that love turkey. The sauce will equal out to about 2 1/2 cups.
Top Review by Laurie Irwin
This was awesome!!!! One of the best turkey dishes I have ever tasted. My husband made a point to let me know we should have it again!! I didn't have tarragon, so I used a little garlic powder for an extra spice. I also used a skinless turkey breast.
- 1 boneless turkey breast, halved (3 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the turkey, skin side up, in a slow cooker/crock pot.
- Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with parsley, tarragon, salt (if desired), and pepper.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Pour wine or broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove turkey and keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Gradually add cooking juices.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with turkey.