Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe gives a good start towards a low fat evening meal after a hard day's work. It serves 6 and takes about twenty to twenty-five minutes of preparation time in the kitchen.
- 2 lbs turkey breast, half with bone and skin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Jicama Ginger Salsa
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped jicama
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion (including some tops)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno chile
- 1 small tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- Rinse turkey and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper.
- Insert meat thermometer into turkey and place in a slow cooker.
- Add wine.
- Sprinkle with celery and parsley.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4-5 hours or until turkey is tender and an instant read thermometer registers 180 degrees.
- While turkey cooks, make salsa.
- Combine jicama, cilantro, onions, gingerroot, jalapeno chile and tomato in a medium bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Slice turkey and serve with salsa.
- Recipe from Healthy Crockery Cookery by Mable Hoffman and sent to you by Betty Copeland.
Not only is the turkey great with the Jicama salsa the Salsa is a prize on it's own. You can serve it with so many other seafood and poultry recipes. Thankyou for another "Heart Smart" tasty recipe.