Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This is one of my favorite recipes from Better Homes and Garden’s New Dieter’s Cookbook. The best part of this dish is that it is only 184 delicious calories a serving. You can also pair the zesty peanut sauce with broiled or grilled pork chops. Top each serving with a few crushed roasted peanuts, if desired and serve on a bed of rice with some steamed broccoli spears.
- 1 lb turkey breast tenderloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-calorie apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- fresh chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse turkey; pat dry with paper towels. Spray an unheated large skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat over medium heat. Add turkey; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once. Transfer turkey to a serving plate; cover and keep warm.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the peanut butter, apricot spread, and curry powder. Stir in milk. Pour mixture into skillet; heat to boiling. Pour over turkey steaks. If desired, garnish with snipped chives.