Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was skeptical about this at first,but WOW was it GOOD!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1⁄2 head savoy cabbage (shredded)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (minced)
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- cooked rice
- Heat butter in a wok. Add turkey and onion. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up.
- Add cabbage. Cover. Cook until tender (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in cheese, milk, seeds, herbs and salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Very Delicious!!!! & easy to make. I confess to making this a "lite" version: 1 T Smart Balance, 1 pound cabbage, 1/2 cup skim evaporated milk, 1 pkg instant brown rice (mixed into the meat & cabbage), and I added a 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper to give some spice. I served wrapped in boston lettuce leaves. By my calculations (w/ my lite variations)1 cup = 210 calories. Super tasty & low cal too!!!! Thanks for the recipe!!
This recipe was easy to make, which is always a plus for me. The flavor was good immediately after it was prepared, but like so many other foods that taste better the next day, this is one of them! The difference that a day made was remarkable, and I wish I would have doubled the recipe so that there would have been more for yet another meal. Lori, thanks for sharing this recipe.